Photo: Had to have a Coors at Coors! June 25th, 2016
Stadium Name: Coors Field
Location: Denver, Colorado
Team: Colorado Rockies
Stadium Rating: B+
First Game: June 25th, 2016, Rockies – 11, Diamondbacks – 6
I moved to Colorado this past year on June 18th. My first Rockies game was on June 25th. I literally could not make it a week before going to the ballpark.
That being said, I made it to Coors a full five times this past season, with the Rockies coming on top every single game.
I like Coors quite a bit. It’s not my favorite park by any means, but the weather in the summer in Denver is top notch, and I love a good outdoor park. I’ve sat in a few different spots throughout the park, and you can’t really find a bad spot. In fact, if you sit up high enough either in center or left field, you can see the Rocky Mountains in the background.
Of course, as seen in the picture above, I loved having a Coors at Coors (If you think this is silly, you’ll also like to know that I had a caesar salad while I was at Caesar’s Palace in Vegas). Coors Field is one of the best places I’ve been to relax, sit in the sun and enjoy a game. The Rockies score lots of runs, but they also give up lots of runs. But this always seems to make for a high-scoring entertaining game.
My only regret from this past year at Coors was not catching a home run ball that landed about 12 feet away from me – I basically shoved my friend away to try to reach it.
Thankfully, living 30 minutes away, I’ll be back this summer many times to try and catch another.
Current Stadium Rankings:
- Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs – Chicago, IL)
- PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates – Pittsburgh, PA)
- Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros – Houston, TX)
- Coors Field (Colorado Rockies – Denver, CO)
- Ballpark in Arlington (Texas Rangers – Arlington, TX)
- Miller Park (Milwaukee Brewers – Milwaukee, WI)
- Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks – Phoenix, AZ)
- Busch Stadium (Saint Louis Cardinals – Saint Louis, Missouri)
- Guaranteed Rate Stadium (Chicago White Sox, Chicago, IL)