Stadium Name: Target Field
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Team: Minneapolis Twins
Stadium Rating: A
First Game: May 5, 2017, Red Sox – 11, Twins – 1
Before May, I had been to Minneapolis twice in my life.
The first time, we missed our flight out to Montana and had to spend the night at a hotel, where it was 19 degrees. I had flip flops, a t-shirt, and shorts on.
The second time, I was merely in the airport, making a connection.
As they say, third time is the charm.
I had the privilege of getting to see my good friend and cousin Kurt for the weekend in Minneapolis, which had beautiful weather and nice people all around. The baseball stadium, Target Field, which opened in 2012, was no different.
We sat up top, but the view was incredible (as seen above). While the Twins may have done absolutely horrible that day, the scene could not have been better. The Minneapolis skyline in the background, a cold beer and a baseball game made the Saturday one that I won’t forget.
As far as the stadium itself, Target Field is pretty new, so it had just about every amenity you could ask for. Our view was perfect, despite being pretty high up, the people were gracious and helpful, and the architecture/design of the stadium was great. There didn’t seem to be a bad seat in the house.
Aside from the Twins losing the game, I really can’t find one single bad thing about Target Field. It may be an outdoor park in Minneapolis, so April/September games might not be the most ideal, but it is a beautiful stadium I would gladly go back to. At this point it takes over the #3 spot. Minneapolis really was a great surprise, and the weekend was one I was I could replay.
- Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs – Chicago, IL)
- SunTrust Park (Atlanta Braves – Atlanta, GA)
- PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates – Pittsburgh, PA)
- Target Field (Minneapolis Twins – Minneapolis, MN)
- Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros – Houston, TX)
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Baltimore Orioles – Baltimore, MD)
- Coors Field (Colorado Rockies – Denver, CO)
- Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia Phillies – Philadelphia, PA)
- Ballpark in Arlington (Texas Rangers – Arlington, TX)
- Miller Park (Milwaukee Brewers – Milwaukee, WI)
- Chase Field (Arizona Diamondbacks – Phoenix, AZ)
- Busch Stadium (Saint Louis Cardinals – Saint Louis, Missouri)
- Guaranteed Rate Stadium (Chicago White Sox, Chicago, IL)